Round 1 (Autonomous Robot)
Location: Pleasure Beach
Robot’s Task: Follow straight, curved and discontinued lines, avoiding two kinds of obstacles.
- Autonomous line following robot.
- Each team has the right to one attempt.
- The round consists of:
– Straight and curved lines with 90° turns.
– Discontinued lines.
- The maximum time for one attempt is 60 seconds.
- The robot will encounter coloured obstacles (coloured cubes).
- The robot will bypass these obstacles in different ways according to their colours:
– Obstacle 1 – Red: When the robot detects it, it should go around the obstacle.
– Obstacle 2 – Blue: When the robot detects it, it should push the obstacle away.
- Obstacles are randomly placed on the straight, continuous line.
- A checkpoint will be placed half the way through the round. The position will vary. If the robot passes this checkpoint, it guarantees 5pts.
- If the robot passes this checkpoint, it guarantees 5pts.
- If the robot pushes the blue obstacle, it guarantees 5pts.
- If the robot goes around the red obstacle, it guarantees 5pts even if it does not return to the track.
- If the robot manages to get back to the track and completes the line, it guarantees the last 5 pts.